Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2012 NAHA/ Composure

September 2011 was a huge time for me. I had more things in my head than I knew what to do with and I was at the peak of one of my crazy sleep cycles. With that said;when I DID sleep, I would often dream about my dead dog, Magi and 3 Bronze Statues, that would seem to appear in my random 'dream places' -QuietSimpleStrong. Ironically, I was mentally reminding myself to keep these 3 words in my everyday life. As I needed more strength than I had, as I was causing ALOT of good changes for myself. ~Looking at my life, whom I was surrounded by and bottom line- Was I Content???
The moment I spoke of them, they turned into -STONE- I first approached my friend Chris R. Hanson, with my concept to bring these 3 'Sculptures' if you will to life. As, Chris has this amazing talent of being able to transform the esthetics of the skin into different textures- all with an airbrush- the man is genius! We did a few tests on me, just to get an idea of patterns, color, etc. After our 2nd test- we were ready to shoot our first model with photographer Ethan Killian. My Muse and proof that heaven does live on Earth. Mrs. Katy Hunt-Thompson, was the beginning.~After staring at her images, I felt nourished, yet I was still wanting more, I kept working hard and studying, paying attention to details as I worked behind-the-chair as to use rise to the challenge. By December 2011 we had finished our next model, Rachael L. Domingo- one of the most precious people to me,on this planet. ~Of coarse, the second we talked about the concept she instantly said 'Yes'. By the end of January, we had completed the series with: Julia Sanders, they are not kidding when they say 'dynamite comes in small packages' Julia is just that and a butterfly at the sametime. When all the images were in place, Chris, Ethan and I all met up at A Secret Location (where all my plannings are done)- narrowed down our favorites (which seemed impossible) then off to Todd Keith for editing they went. The whole process of this: the people, the time spent, the lighting, even the music that was in the air, Was AMAZING! Everytime I look at this, it brings all of that back to me- and I feel, just that- Content. Before, I close this post- I want to personally Thank EVERYBODY that came together for this. And especially my dearest, Danielle Zaugg- who has always had my back, the first to show and the last to go- you were the only friend that I had, at one point, and I love you very much.~I think we all grew creatively in our own ways, but we all established a priceless friendship, that made it perfect. I hope you like. Thank You!!!